This is a goal where you can see the Edmonton Oilers gameplay changed a bit slightly. Yes, it was 4 on 4, but that shouldn’t cause there to be any issues that lead to goals like this one. The Kings turned a 2 on 1 against into a goal. That shouldn’t happen if you’re the Edmonton Oilers.
- Vladislav Gavrikov makes a perfect play on a pass attempt from McDavid to Draisaitl. It instantly breaks out the Los Angeles Kings.
- The pass from Kopitar to move up the ice was perfect and the touch pass from Roy to Kempe was also executed perfectly.
- Roy net drive causes disruption in the Oilers defence and seems to make Ceci back right into Skinner.
- Kempe with a good move to avoid Draisaitl’s stick lift then he makes a well-placed shot that beats Skinner
- When you have skilled players they try skilled plays, sometimes it doesn’t work out. I would have liked to see McDavid try and take the shot on that 2 on 1.
- Where Kempe did a good job avoiding the stick lift, I would have preferred Draisaitl to try and take a bit of his body there. I get that a clean stick lift and steal would turn it around faster. That wasn’t what the Oilers need when they are up 2.
- The Edmonton Oilers defence was backing up too much on this play. If they step up earlier Kempe doesn’t get as close to the net where a backhander can beat the goalie.
- Skinner likey would like another chance on this one.