Phoenix Coyotes @ Edmonton Oilers
10 APR 2013 – 7:30 MDT
Television – Sportsnet West
- 7 WINS IN 9 GAMES? Enter this game with the mindset of an exhibition game in Saskatoon or the Quebec Coliseum. It likely won’t matter much in a couple of days, so show me some stuff out there. Oilers are on a three game skid, and unless they take seven or eight in the next nine, will be eliminated from postseason contention in the next few days. Coyotes are also in choppy waters, as a loss to the Oilers would all but write off their season.
- FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT – Oilers have given away some tickets via their Twitter account already, but there’s only one way to make it up to everyone: Free beer coupons, sodas and hot dogs. There is nothing else to talk about.
- LINE CHANGE – Ales Hemsky should be back in tonight’s lineup after being out with a foot injury. Gene Principe suggests that Eric Belanger might be a go, but I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.
- Shane Doan and Mikkel Boedker both have 24 points and lead the Coyotes in scoring with 24 points each
- Oilers’ Devan Dubnyk (12-12-6, 2.50 / .923) will get the start tonight against the Coyotes’ Mike Smith (12-1-3, 2.65 / .908).
- UNRELATED: Justin Schultz was named to the AHL’s all-rookie team today. It would be noteworthy if he was also named to the NHL’s all-rookie team. So there’s that.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets