Edmonton Oilers @ Anaheim Ducks
08 APR 2013 – 8:00 PM MDT
Television – Sportsnet Oilers
- With ten games remaining (and having lost their last two) Oilers desperately need to get back into the win column tonight. To do that, they’ll have to defeat the second place team in the West. The Ducks have won three of their last four. They’ll look to put a serious hurtin’ on the Oil’s playoff chances with a victory tonight.
- LINE CHANGE - Hemsky out (foot), Jones in. Potter out (healthy), Fistric in.
- Ryan Getzlaf currently leads the Ducks in scoring with 43 points (13-30-43) in 37 games. Getzlaf has been out of the lineup for the past two games with a right leg injury, and is a game time decision. Ducks are second in the West and third in the league in total goals scored with 121, good for about 3.1 per game.
- Devan Dubnyk (12-11-6, 2.52 / .922) will get the nod for Edmonton, while the Ducks are expected to go with Jonas Hiller (12-4-6, 2.46 / .908). The start will be Hiller’s first since March 31st at Columbus.
- This will be Justin Schultz’s first game against the Ducks. A non-event for Edmonton, but a pretty big deal for Anaheim if you believe what’s being said on the internet. Schultz was Anaheim’s second round pick in 2008 but never ended up signing with the team, becoming an Oiler this past offseason. If the chance at a playoff berth doesn’t sell this game, nothing will. When I thought of the Justin Schultz-in-Anaheim story, here’s what popped into my head.
- STANDINGS WATCH
Oilers can get within two points with a victory tonight.
- Detroit is idle.
- Phoenix is at Vancouver
Now go win. Win big.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Topics: Edmonton Oilers