Edmonton Oilers @ Los Angeles Kings
06 APR 2013 – 2:00 PM MDT
Television – Sportsnet West
- Oilers are looking to bounce back from a lacklustre performance that saw them score a mighty zero goals in Vancouver. The Kings are coming off a 3-0 victory over Minnesota, and will look to pad their position in the Western Conference playoff race. Both Edmonton and Los Angeles are 6-3-1 in their last ten.
- LINE CHANGE - This is the first game in Edmonton for Jerred Smithson, who was acquired at the deadline. Ryan Jones isn’t taking warmup, which would lead me to believe Petrell is in for Jones. Yakupov and Hemsky switch ‘em up as well.
- Anze Kopitar currently leads the Kings in scoring with 33 points (10-23-33) in 36 games.
- Devan Dubnyk will be getting the start for Edmonton (12-10-6, 2.50 / .922), while Jonathan Quick (12-11-3, 2.54, /.896) is expected to start for the Kings. That’s a pretty strong SV% for Devan Dubnyk
- HOW IMPORTANT ARE THESE TWO POINTS?
Including today, the Oilers have 11 games remaining (7 home, 4 away). Both St. Louis and Detroit did Edmonton no favours by winning last night, and Edmonton would do reeeeal good by locking up two points in LA this afternoon.
Chicago is currently playing Nashville.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets