Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers
30 MAR 2013 – 8:00 PM MST
Television – CBC / RDS 2
The Canuck Wayis the Fansided Home of the Canucks.
- Biggest game of the year? So far. Oilers are on a two game winning streak after defeating Columbus on Thursday by a score of 6-4. The Canucks lead the Northwest Division and are winners in their last six, their latest a 4-1 victory over Colorado on Thursday night. Oilers have taken three of four points in two games against the Canucks so far this season. Would feel pretty good to get two more and keep the chase alive.
- LINE CHANGE – Everything the same as Thursday, save for the goaltending.
- Henrik (9-22-31) has a few more points than Daniel (10-19-29), but the Sedin twins should be cloaked by the defence tonight. A guy can dream. Canucks have a boatload of talent up front, so hopefully ‘grit’ and ‘toughness’ translate into points. I can’t even write that with a straight face.
- BETWEEN THE PIPES: Oilers will be going with Devan Dubnyk (9-10-6, 2.69/.918), the Canucks will counter with Cory Schneider (12-5-3, 2.13 /.926). Schneider is making his seventh consecutive start.
- What do those standings look like?
- Oilers finally earned their tenth regulation win of the season on Thursday. Regulation / overtime wins are important (wins not from a shootout), as they’re the first tiebreaker after point totals. Oilers have a ways to go to catch up to St. Louis’ regulation wins. Not going to be picky tonight, as the Oilers need points whether they beg, borrow or steal them. Just win, baby.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets