Columbus Blue Jackets @ Edmonton Oilers
28 MAR 2013 – 7:30 PM MST
Television – Sportsnet West
- Oilers are coming off an improbable 3-0 victory against the St. Louis Blues this past Tuesday. The Oilers got goals and points from the kid line, as well as some stellar goaltending from Nikolai Khabibulin. Oilers will need a victory over a surging Blue Jackets team that’s 6-1-3 in their last ten.
- LINE CHANGE - The kid line scored eight points last game, so they’ll remain together for at least some of the game tonight. Hemsky with Gagner and Yakupov with Horcoff. Everybody’s got a right to be freeeeeeeeeeeee.
- Columbus’ D just got a little tighter. James Wisniewski has been activated off of injured reserve for Columbus. The Wiz has been recovering from a broken foot since the end of February.
- Know who’s playing the best hockey of his pro career? Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky, who currently has a .930 SV% to go with his 11-7-6 record. Bobrovskyis 8-1-3 since the beginning of March. Nikolai Khabibulin (3-3-1, .943) turned aside all 43 St. Louis shots on Tuesday and will get the go tonight for Edmonton.
- KEYS TO THE GAME – Shoot the puck. I know St. Louis is a tough team, but you’re going to get killed more often than not when you shoot just nineteen times versus your opponent shooting 43 times. Score early and don’t fizzle in the third period.
- Oh, and have fun out there!
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Topics: Edmonton Oilers