Edmonton Oilers @ St. Louis Blues
26 MAR 2013 – 6:00 PM MST
Telelvision – Sportsnet West
(Krueger won’t tell us, so use your imagination)
Bleedin’ Blue is the home of the Blues on the Fansided Network
- PLEASANTRIES - Second of two games on the road before heading home for three. Oilers are coming off a 3-2 defeat in Nashville last night, and they’ll need to go 12-5 to finish with a shot at the second season. Tonight they’ll face a team that took pretty good care of Edmonton on Saturday. Oilers are on a three game slide, St. Louis dropped a 3-2 decision to Calgary on Sunday.
- LINE CHANGE - Krueger won’t reveal any of his top three lines, but he did tell us that Belanger is back on IR, Ryan Smyth is back to 4C, and that Mark Fistric will ride the pine tonight after last night. Who’s playing on the top line? Who knows?
- Chris Stewart leads St. Louis in scoring with 29 points (15-14-29) in 31 games. Alexander Steen and David Perron are both second with 21 points.
- IN THE NET - Krueger also tipped his hole cards and told us that Nikolai Khabibulin (2-3-1, 2.27 / .921) will get the start tonight for Edmonton because…well, because. He’ll face off against St. Louis’ Jake Allen (8-2-0, 2.15 / .918)
- MY ADVICE TO YOU The Oilers need to win 12 out of their last 17 games to entertain a thought of the playoffs. While it’s completely possible for them to do that, I wouldn’t put too many chips on it at this point. Remember how we usually see the last gasp of the season wheeze out of the accordion bellows around December? Pretend it’s December. If they win, I’m happy. If they don’t, you and I can start our draft prepping a little earlier than we hoped. Sound good?
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Tags: Edmonton Oilers