San Jose Sharks @ Edmonton Oilers
20 MAR 2013 – 7:30 PM MST
Television – TSN
Blades of Teal is the San Jose Sharks page on the Fansided Network
- Third of a four game homestand for les Oilers d’Edmonton. Team is 3-0-1 in their last four, and they’ll need to keep pumping that keg for wins. A win tonight could put them in a share for eighth place depending on where everyone else’s chips fall. More on that if the team gets there. San Jose is coming off a 5-3 defeat at the hands of the red-hot Ducks of Anaheim. Sharks are likely to be hungry for a victory tonight, as they’ve just one win in their last seven.
- The lines remain the same as in Sunday’s game versus Nashville. We can all be happy most of the top three.
- Joe Thornton leads the Sharks with 27 points (5-22-27) in 28 games. He, Patrick Marleau and Logan Couture are three the Oilers ought to keep an extra eye on.
- Antti Niemi (11-7-5, 2.26 / .922, 1 SO) will start in goal for San Jose while Devan Dubnyk (8-9-5, 2.71 / .919, 1 SO) will get the go for Edmonton.
- “SCORE MORE GOALS”- Magnus Paajarvi talks to Tom Gazzola about what the Oilers need to do tonight against San Jose.
- PLAYOFF IMPLICATIONS? We’re not there yet. Oilers need to win tonight and the need to win their next game against St. Louis on Saturday. And then, they need to win some more. Seven points in their last four games is a good start. Team needs seven more in their next four.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets