Nashville Predators @ Edmonton Oilers
17 MAR 2013 – 6:00 PM MST
Television – Sportsnet West
Predlines is the Nashville Predators page on the Fansided Network
- The Edmonton Oilers will play their second game of a four game homestand this evening against the Nashville Predators, a team that blew Edmonton out of the water by six goals last week. In other words, the Oilers ought to have had this game circled on the calendar. Edmonton will try to rebound from a 3-2 OT loss against the Red Wings on Friday night. Nashville has won just once in three tries since the playing Edmonton last week. Oilers are 3-4-3 in their last ten, Predators are 3-6-1.
- LINE CHANGE – Ryan Jones is in for Teemu Hartikainen. No further changes are expected. I liked the way the top three looked last game, it’s the amount that the fourth line was getting used that was frightening.
- Colin Wilson leads the Predators in scoring with 19 points (7-12-19) in 25 games. Wilson had a pair of goals the last time these two teams met. Defenceman Shea Weber (4-11-15) is second.
- Expect Devan Dubnyk (7-9-5, 2.74 / .918 one shutout) to get the go for the Oilers. Pekka Rinne (10-8-5, 2.20 / .916) has had a couple of outings he’d like to forget, but I’d expect him to get the go for Nashville this afternoon.
- THE TIME IS NOW. The Predators are going to come in all hot and bothered after stinking up their past two games (a 6-3 loss to Calgary, and a 7-4 loss to Vancouver), games that goaltender Pekka Rinne has been yanked from. If the Oilers can score a pair of goals early (and not take their foot off the gas pedal in the third period), it could considerably shake Rinne’s confidence .
Two points in regulation. Let’s go.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets