Meant to get this out a few days ago, but I was caught up in trying to get Steve Tambellini to clean out his desk.
That hasn’t changed over the past 72 hours, but moods have lightened a bit after a 6-5 victory in Chicago.
The first half of the season hasn’t gone nearly as nice as we would’ve hoped. The Oilers capped the last game of the first half in spectacularly awful fashion, a 6-0 thud in Nashville, good for last in the Western Conference.
Well, like a poop sinking to the bottom of a toilet bowl, the Oilers are twenty minutes away from last in the conference.
— mc79hockey (@mc79hockey) March 9, 2013
While the Oilers have won only a third of their games in the team’s first half, there have been a few bright spots among the murky water.
It’s your job to tell me who’s been the brightest in a very scientific poll.
Who is the team MVP for the first half of the season?
- Sam Gagner (55%, 68 Votes)
- Taylor Hall (28%, 34 Votes)
- Devan Dubnyk (12%, 15 Votes)
- Other (leave comment) (2%, 2 Votes)
- Magnus Paajarvi (1%, 1 Votes)
- Jordan Eberle (1%, 1 Votes)
- Ladislav Smid (1%, 1 Votes)
- Justin Schultz (1%, 1 Votes)
- Ales Hemsky (0%, 0 Votes)
- Nail Yakupov (0%, 0 Votes)
- Nikolai Khabibulin (0%, 0 Votes)
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 123
If you’ve been on Twitter for the last few months, you know where my vote goes.
Yes, there is an ‘other’ choice. If you think Mike Brown has been the team MVP, light it up and fill in the comment box. Use with caution.
We’ll tally the results in a week and see where everyone stands.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets