03 MAR 2013 – 6:00 MST
Television – Sportsnet Oilers
Gone Puck Wild is the Minnesota Wild blog on the Fansided Network
- QUICK HITS This is the fourth game of a nine game road trip. Oilers are 1-1-1 heading into today’s game against Minnesota. Oilers will look to rebound after a lacklustre performance against St. Louis which saw them accumulate just seventeen shots in a 4-2 loss. Minnesota is coming off a 3-2 defeat in Anaheim versus the Ducks. Oilers are 4-4-2 in their last ten, while the Wild are 6-3-1.
- LINE CHANGE: Expect Taylor Hall to miss today’s game with what’s being called a hamstring injury. Expect to see some Magnus Paajarvi on the first line. Sam Gagner and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will switch lines. Corey Potter and Mark Fistric remain sidelined while Ryan Whitney and Theo Peckham draw in on the third D line.
- Cal Clutterbuck hasn’t played since the last time these two teams met on February 21st, and will not suit up today. The much anticipated bloodbath between these two gentlemen will have to wait for another day. Sorry for harshing everyone’s mellow. (I’m not sorry).
- RANDOM STAT: Both Zach Parise and Mikko Koivu lead the Wild with 14 points in 20 games.
- ANOTHER RANDOM STAT: Devan Dubnyk‘s away save percentage is .938 on the year, which is substantially higher than his season average of .917.
- Devan Dubnyk should be in line between the pipes for the Oilers. Dubnyk sits at 6-6-3 with a .917 and a 2.75 GAA. Look for Niklas Backstrom to get the start for Minnesota, who is 8-5-2 with a .918 SV% to go with a 2.22 GAA.
Some media outlets are saying that today’s game isn’t “must win”. Sure. You don’t have to do anything.
But winning is nice. Oilers ought to try it today.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets