21 FEB 2013 – 7:30 MST
Television: Sportsnet West
Gone Puck Wild is the Minnesota Wild page on the Fansided Network
- LINE CHANGES – The top six is back to where it began. Yakupov is back on the Gagner-Hemsky line, while the bottom six gets a bit of a re-work. A third line will feature Smyth-Belanger-Eager, and a fourth line will showcase Hartikainen-Vande Velde-Paajarvi.
- Theo Peckham makes his season debut tonight paired with Mark Fistric. Ryan Whitney is scratched.
- Former Oiler defenceman Tom Gilbert will play against Edmonton for the first time in his career
- Zach Parise currently leads the Wild with 12 points (7-5-12) in 15 games.
- Devan Dubnyk is back between the pipes for Edmonton, surely looking to improve off his last start versus Colorado. Dubnyk is 5-4-3 with a .918 SV% and a 2.76 GAA. Minnesota will counter with Niklas Backstrom, who is 5-4-2 with a .912 SV% and a 2.39 GAA.
- FUN FACT: Backstrom is 22-3-1 lifetime against the Oilers.
This is the fourth game in a five game homestand. Oilers need to start picking up points before their nine games away from Rexall.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Tags: Edmonton Oilers