16 FEB 2013 – 8:00 MST
Mile High Sticking is the Colorado Avalanche site on the Fansided Network.
- LINE CHANGE – Look for a couple of Ryans to be back in the lineup. After being sat for the Dallas game, both Ryan Smyth and Ryan Whitney are expected to make it back this evening. Teemu Hartikainen is back in the top six, while Nail Yakupov is moved to 3RW. The defence got all shook up, so follow along in your guides.
- Magnus Paajarvi is scratched. No sir, I don’t like it.
- The Oilers have had it rough on the injury front over the past several years, but it’s Colorado who’s really having a tough go of it in 2013. Gabriel Landeskog, Ryan Wilson, Steve Downie and now Erik Johnson – all very important pieces to the success of the Avalanche, and all are sidelined with various ailments. Now add the Ryan O’Reilly drama to the top of the pile, and it’s tough not to feel bad for Colorado.
- P.A. Parenteau and Matt Duchene lead the Avalanche in scoring. Both have 11 points.
- Semyon Varlamov will get the start for Colorado. Varlamov is 3-6-1 with a .909 SV% and a 2.58 GAA. Devan Dubnyk will get his 13th start of the season for Edmonton. Dubnyk is 5-4-3 with a .923 SV% and a 2.58 GAA.
- Speaking of Dubnyk, he’ll be on After Hours with Scott Oake after tonight’s game. Might be worth tuning in.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Topics: Edmonton Oilers