12 FEB 2013 – 7:30 MST
Television: Sportsnet West
Blackout Dallas is your link to the Dallas Stars on the Fansided Network
- Tonight begins a very important chapter for the 2013 Edmonton Oilers, as tonight’s game is the beginning of a five game home stand. Following the five game home stand is a nine game road trip while the Tim Horton‘s Brier comes to Rexall Place.
- LINE CHANGES: Ryan Smyth and Ryan Whitney are both scratches for tonight’s game. Smyth’s three penalty afternoon in Columbus is likely a reason for him getting tonight off. As for Whitney, it’s his third scratch in four games. Chris Vande Velde will be in for Smyth on the fourth line.
- Jaromir Jagr is leading the Dallas Stars in scoring with 8 points (3-5-8) in 11 games. Besides being one of the more prolific scorers in NHL history, you may remember Jagr from last week’s overtime goal. Somebody ought to keep am eye on him.
- Oilers will go with Devan Dubnyk while the Stars will roll out with Kari Lehtonen (6-2-0, 2.30 GAA and a sparkling .928).
- SHOTS - There’s entirely too many of them going towards the Oilers net, and not nearly enough going towards the way they should. Columbus outshot Edmonton 40-14 on Sunday. The Oilers will definitely need to bring those numbers closer together. Or they could be the ones shooting the puck 40 times. The way Kari Lehtonen is playing, it wouldn’t hurt.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets