Edmonton Oilers @ Columbus Blue Jackets
10 FEB 2013 – 4:00 PM MST
Television – Sportsnet West
Fire That Cannon is the Blue Jackets page on the Fansided Network
- LINE CHANGES – Hey, Belanger’s back! Hopefully he’s at least a shell of his self. The Oilers are abysmal at the faceoff dot right now and half a Belanger is better than no Belanger. Chris Vande Velde is scratched for Ryan Smyth, Lennart Petrell switches lines with Magnus Paajarvi, and the top two lines make sense today. Unlike yesterday, when Yakupov was on the fourth line. That was goofy as hell. Fistric is back, and while Schultz & Schultz remain together, Smid is with Potter and Fistric with Petry.
- IT’S GOTTA HAPPEN SOME TIME – I would be somewhat surprised if the Oilers didn’t take this game by a couple of goals. The top two lines are (aparently) healthy with the exception of Shawn Horcoff (a fairly substantial piece, mind you). The pendulum has to start swinging towards the Oilers. Oilers are scoring just 2.18 goals per game, and that’s not going to win you a raffle much less a hockey game.
- TURN UP THE VOLUME It would also help if the team got their power play straightened out. Oilers went just 1 for 8 in yesterday’s 2-1 defeat in Detroit.
- Quick, name Columbus’ leading scorer. OF COURSE it’s defenceman Fedor Tyutin. Tyutin has 8 points (1-7-8) in eleven games. Of course.
- Devan Dubnyk will get the call after Nikolai Khabibulin’s rather handsome performance in Detroit. Look for Sergei Bobrovsky to start for the Jackets. Bobrovsky is 2-2-2 with a .900 SV and a 3.15 GAA.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Tags: Edmonton Oilers