Edmonton Oilers @ Colorado Avalanche
2 FEB 2013 – 1:08 PM MST
- The Oilers are 1-0-1 on this road trip, though they’ve been outshot by a combination of 66-49 over the last two games, and 23-10 in the third period alone. Seeing as how the team is taking requests, perhaps they can tighten up the odd man rushes as well. Finishing this road trip at 2-0-1 would be a pretty big feather in the bucket.
- LINE CHANGES- Shawn Horcoff started skating yesterday and is questionable for today. If Horcoff gets back into the lineup, the bottom six will begin to look more like what we’re used to. If he’s unable to go, you’ll likely see Anton Lander back in at 4C. Lennart Petrell had a maintenance day yesterday and is expected to be in the lineup. Mark Fistric will be playing his second consecutive game as well.
- Anything can change, but the Oilers are reporting that Devan Dubnyk is likely to get his third start in four days. As long as he’s feeling good, sure, ride him. The last thing we need however, is a burned out Dubnyk.
- Gabriel Landeskog was placed on IR yesterday due to the effects of a concussion he suffered last week in a game versus San Jose. All the best for a speedy recovery.
- Avalanche netminder Semyon Varlamov will get the start between the pipes. Varlamov was between the pipes for Edmonton’s 4-1 victory a week ago. Varlamov’s numbers currently sit at 2-4-0 with a 2.66 GAA and a .913 SV%.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets