Los Angeles Kings (0-2-0) @ Edmonton Oilers (1-1-0)
24 JAN 2013 – 7:30 PM MST
- Oilers will really be looking to bounce back after Tuesday’s 6-3 loss vs. San Jose, a game saw Edmonton yield six first period goals to the Sharks. It’ll be a good test for the Oilers, who will certainly look to blot out that first period.
- The Kings are looking for their first win of the season. Currently 0-2, their last game was a 3-1 defeat at the hands of the Colorado Avalanche.
- Magnus Paajarvi takes a jump to the third line, while Teemu Hartikainen will start on the fourth line tonight. I like what I’m seeing here. Switch in Mark Fistric for Corey Potter tonight as well. Ben Eager will likely be out for some time after his condition dipped from “facial swelling” to “concussion” yesterday.
- Former Oiler defenceman Matt Greene is on LA’s injured reserve list after sustaining what could be a season ending back injury. According to Fox Sports West, Greene is scheduled to undergo back surgery today. D man Willie Mitchell will also be held out.
- Completely unrelated: He might be scratched tonight, but Dustin Penner is still pretty cool.
- Look for Devan Dubnyk to get the nod for the Oilers in goal. Jonathan Quick is expected to start for the LA Kings.
Join our circus on Twitter during the game.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets
Topics: Edmonton Oilers