Edmonton Oilers @ Vancouver Canucks
20 JAN 2013 – 7:00 PM MTN / 9:00 PM EST
HALL / NUGENT-HOPKINS / EBERLE
YAKUPOV / GAGNER / HEMSKY
SMYTH / HORCOFF / HARTIKAINEN
EAGER / BELANGER / PETRELL
N SCHULTZ / J SCHULTZ
SMID / PETRY
WHITNEY / POTTER
- Finally. It’s been 288 days since the Oilers played their last regular season game, a 3-0 defeat at the hands of these Vancouver Canucks. Vancouver was headed to the playoffs, Edmonton was headed to a sixth straight year without a second season. It’s good to see NHL hockey again. Finally.
- Oiler Scratches – Peckham (“hip”), Jones (eye), Sutton (knee), Khabibulin (hip/groin)
If Edmonton wins tomorrow the whole world is going to stream Vancouver’s sports radio call in shows on Monday.
— Chemmy (@felixpotvin) January 20, 2013
- Nail Yakupov and Justin Schultz will make their NHL debuts tonight. Give Yakupov the keys and let him drive us place.
- The Devan Dubnyk Era has arrived. Let us be blessed with glove saves and more Capital Power commercials.
- I’m confident the forwards are going to be just fine. The blue line is where doubt creeps in. How much better will the blue line be with Justin Schultz? Is Whitney anywhere close to pre-2011? We’ll find out quick.
- As for the Canucks? They stunk last night. Teemu Selanne had a couple of goals in a four point season opener for Anaheim, and the Ducks hung Vancouver out to dry by a score of 7-3. Goaltender Cory Schneider was chased from the net after yielding his fifth goal on fourteen shots, and Luongo came in for mop up duty. I’d expect Luongo to get the start tonight. Vancouver couldn’t throw Schneider back in after last night’s debacle, could they?
Follow our crew on Twitter tonight, where we’ll either be giddy with delight, or cursing like jilted sailors. It’s time for hockey.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Dave – @rustyknuckler
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets