At prices being charged (basic: $6.99/gm),video quality poor,aspect ratio square,& utter absence of video replays unacceptable @ahlpres
— Bruce McCurdy (@BruceMcCurdy) October 15, 2012
Bruce McCurdy pulls no punches.
- I buckled down and spent $6.99 on Friday to see the OKC Barons take on the Lake Erie Monsters via the AHL Live platform. I was glad to see hockey. That being said, there’s a few things I could buy with $7, and based on the two images in this post, you can make an informed decision on the quality of the product. I’m not saying, I’m just saying.
- If you had Marc Arcobello down as the guy who would score the first goal for OKC this season, collect your prize. Arcobello has two points in two games.
- To say that expectations are great for the power play is an understatement. I know it was the first game, but the team had 500 chances (okay, they had 7) but were successful just one time. I expect that number to grow as the season progresses.
- Let’s talk about the Barons goaltending through two games. Yann Danis played well in a loss on Friday night, stopping 27 of 29 shots. Olivier Roy nailed down 37 saves on 39 shots for the W on Saturday. Keep turning performances like those, gents.
- SCHULTZ looks like he might be a keeper. Set up Arcobello’s power play goal on Friday, had one of his own on Saturday. Two games, two points. Not too shabby.
The Barons are off until Friday, their home opener against San Antonio. Lucky for us, that’s just enough time for our eyes to recover from watching one of the online feeds.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets