Wesley Willis offers some poignant advice to all of us regarding the 2012-13 NHL season.
From the Washington Post (09 AUG 2012)
“We reiterated to the union that the owners will not play another year under the current agreement”
That’s what Gary Bettman told reporters in NY after today’s labour talk.
We’re five weeks away from that date, and the NHLPA hasn’t even fired back a counter offer from the one the NHL made a few weeks ago. Progress!
I’d like to remain cautiously optimistic about this entire scenario, but I’m not exactly beaming with confidence after hearing Bettman’s matter-of-fact tone today.
Should the lockout rear its ugly head, we’ll take suggestions on what we should do with our time. Here are a few I’ve come up with.
- Run an NHL 94 simulated playoff series and upload it here. That year was a beaut. Shayne Corson! Zdeno Ciger! Brad Werenka!
- Dedicate more time to the OKC Barons
- Share with you some really awful music videos. I’m a new wave fan, I’ve got some great stuff in my tape collection.
- Go outside
- Put snow tires on my ’95 Saturn SL2
- Go bowling
- Participate in competitive eating contests
You get the idea. Suggest some ideas in the comments. We might have some free time in the not-too-distant future.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Samson – @threwittki
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Marcus – @SportMajor
Keegan – @KeeganWiebe
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets