It was Theo Peckham who became the seventh one-way deal on the Edmonton Oilers yesterday. Add recent acquisition Justin Schultz to the mix, and you’ve got at least eight Oilers who could (one way or another) appear on the opening night blue line.
With the exception of Justin Schultz, this is the exact same defence as last season. Oh, minus Cam Barker.
A few questions for this crew:
- Has Ryan Whitney completely healed from his ankle injury from December, 2010?
- Will Theo Peckham have a turnaround season? Will he crack the top 6?
- How effective will Justin Schultz be? He’s never played in an NHL game. Will he get some sheltered minutes, or will he be thrown into the fryer?
- How much better can Jeff Petry get?
- Would anyone else feel more comfortable with another veteran defenceman in this mix?
- Who wants a Caesar? Now we’re talking.
There’s a new poll. Is this group ready to start the season, or is there still work to be done?
If you voted anything other than ‘stay the course’, what would you trade / pick up from free agency?
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Samson – @threwittki
Ian – @ibleedoil
Jonathan – @jonrmcleod
Marcus – @SportMajor
Keegan – @KeeganWiebe
Troy – @heavyoilcountry
Check out the Oilers Army!
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men”- Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets