08 FEB 2012 – 5:30 PM MDT
Your Game Preview awaits after the jump.
Lines courtesy 630 CHED. Thanks!
Edmonton looks to hop back into the win column tonight in Detroit. This is the second of a three game road trip. Edmonton dropped the opener to Toronto in a 6-3 loss on Monday. Oilers will have an uphill battle tonight, having won just six games on the road so far this year. Detroit is undefeated in 17 consecutive home games. Detroit is 7-2-1 overall in their last ten, Edmonton is 5-4-1.
- Pavel Datsyuk leads the Wings in scoring with 54 points (14-40-54) in 53 games.
- MAGNUS PAAJARVI finally gets some love in the top six tonight. Paajarvi is expected to suit up with 10 and 83 in order to jump start some offence in his game. Not a bad place to be when you’re called up in place of RNH, who will be out at least a week while he recovers a shoulder sprain.
- ANDY SUTTON is expected to sit for his second straight game, while Cam Barker looks to rebound from a tough outing against the Leafs on Monday.
- NIKOLAI KHABIBULIN is expected to get his first start in seven games tonight. Khabibulin seeks his twelfth victory on the season, and he’ll likely have some work ahead of him against a potent Red Wings offence.
- GAGNER MANIA is alive and well. Sam Gagner is expected to head the first line tonight, and with twelve points in three games, it’s hard to say no.
Stars align, stars cross, then stars align once again. Gagner-Mania stays healthy in victory.
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Samson – @threwittki
Ian – @ibleedoil
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets