The Detroit Red Wings Presented By Amway @ Edmonton Oilers
04 FEB 2012 – 8:00 MDT
Your Game Preview is after the jump. Let’s act excited.
630 CHED has blessed us with the lines. Let’s give thanks.
Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Jordan Eberle
Shawn Horcoff – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Eric Belanger – Ryan Jones
Ben Eager – Anton Lander – Lennart Petrell
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Ryan Whitney – Corey Potter
Cam Barker – Andy Sutton
- THE OILERS are searching for their second win in a row. They’ve been rather fortunate over their past four games, as they’ve captured seven of eight possible points. Oilers are 4-4-2 (!) over their last ten, while the Wings are the model of efficiency at 9-1.
- Oh boy. It’s a good day to be Sam Gagner. After his eight point eruption, he’s paired with Hall and Eberle. Go on, get nine tonight.
- THE NUGE is back. RNH will centre a line featuring Shawn Horcoff and Hemsky. This line will be the most productive tonight.
- STACKED: Let’s focus for a minute on one part of the arsenal that is the Detroit Red Wings. This fellow Pavel Datsyuk is a pretty good player that happens to lead the Wings in points with 53 in 51 games (14-39-51). He will have company with guys like Valtterri Filppula and Johan Franzen. Oilers have a task ahead of them.
- Devan Dubnyk will get his fifth start in as many games tonight. Dubnyk is 3-1 over his last four, and while Sam Gagner may have stolen the show during the last game, Dubnyk will have a mighty task ahead of him tonight. Dubnyk searches for his tenth win tonight, as I’m pretty sure the team is running him to gauge his futures.
RED WINGS 4
Follow Oil On Whyte on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Samson – @threwittki
Ian – @ibleedoil
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets