Edmonton Oilers @ Vancouver Canucks
24 JAN 2012 – 8:00 PM MDT
Your Game Preview is after the jump. Click on.
Projected Lines courtesy of the Copper and Blue.
Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Jordan Eberle
Teemu Hartikainen – Shawn Horcoff – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Eric Belanger – Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi – Anton Lander – Lennart Petrell
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Theo Peckham – Corey Potter
Andy Sutton – Taylor Chorney
WOO-HA The Oilers are coming off a 2-1 shootout victory over the San Jose Sharks that saw Edmonton get outchanced almost everywhere possible (they were outshot 45-18, and Dubnyk was a showstopper). Edmonton looks to make it two in a row tonight against eveyone’s favourite squad from BC. While the playoffs are a far cry from the Oilers, the Canucks sit atop the Northwest Division with 62 points. Edmonton is 2-7-1 over their last ten, while the Canucks are 5-3-2.
- Which Sedin twin leads the Canucks in scoring? It’s Henrik with 52 (11-41-52) in 48 games. Daniel is two behind with 50 in 47. And now you know.
- If Devan Dubnyk didn’t sleep on an ice pack after last night’s barrage, I don’t know when he’d ever need one. Would be surprised to see Nikolai Khabibulin not get the nod tonight.
- Your Top Five Active Oilers:
- Jordan Eberle (still) 45 points (18-27-45) in 44 GP
- Ryan Smyth – 34 points (16-18-34) in 48 GP
- Taylor Hall – 31 points (15-16-31) in 38 GP
- Shawn Horcoff – 23 points (8-15-23) in 48 GP
- Sam Gagner – 21 points (5-16-21) in 41 GP
CANUCKS 3. Sure.
Follow trés hombres on the Twitters.
Jeff – @OilOnWhyte
Samson – @threwittki
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets