19 JAN 2012 – 6:00 PM MDT
Your Game Preview is after the jump. Come along.
Line predictions courtesy of 630 CHED. No lines were run this morning.
Ben Eager – Sam Gagner – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Shawn Horcoff – Jordan Eberle
Magnus Paajarvi – Ryan O’Marra – Anton Lander
Darcy Hordichuk – Josh Greeen – Ryan Jones
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Andy Sutton – Corey Potter
Theo Peckham – Colten Teubert
- Photos surfaced today of Taylor Hall’s injury. If you haven’t yet seen, be warned, it’s not going to help your appetite. Taylor Hall is one of our favourites, and I’m glad to see he’s at least up and moving around. To quote David Staples, that accident could have killed him. Rumours are swirling the Internets that say he might be ready on Saturday. We’ll see what happens.
- Anaheim’s hot streak has given them a one point lead over the Oilers in the Western Conference Standings. Oilers head into tonight’s contest 29th overall in the NHL with 38 points, while St. Louis has been one of the more successful clubs, magnified by the time Ken Hitchcock has spent with the club. Oilers are 2-7-1 in their last ten, the Blues are 6-2-2 in that time frame. Oilers are 1-1 against the Blues this season.
- I know that lines weren’t run this morning, but if one of those top two lines contains Ben Eager, I’m interested to see what kind of minutes he’s likely to pull.
- David Backes currently leads the Blues in scoring with 32 points (14-18-32) in 45 games.
- Khabibulin looks for his thirteenth victory on the season tonight. The Blues could counter with Jaroslav Halak, who has rebounded nicely from an early season slump, or Brian Elliott (15-5-1) who has that fresh new contract smell. Elliott signed a two year extension earlier this week for $3.6M total.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets