13 JAN 2012 – 7:30 MDT
Your Game Preview is after the jump.
Lines courtesy 630 CHED. Thanks!
Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Shawn Horcoff – Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi – Eric Belanger – Anton Lander
Josh Green – Ryan O’Marra – Ben Eager
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Theo Peckham – Corey Potter
Andy Sutton – Colten Teubert
Second of a three game set at the Rex. Anaheim has come on strong lately, taking seven of eight points in their last four games. The Oilers…got a point last game versus New Jersey. Ducks are 4-4-2 over their last ten, Oilers are 2-7-1.
- FROM THE ‘NOT QUITE THERE YET’ DEPARTMENT: Both Alex Plante and Cam Barker skated this morning. Plante hasn’t played since suffering a concussion, Barker has been shelved since having ankle surgery back in November. I haven’t heard a timetable as to when either will be back, but if they’re skating, they’re closer.
- I miss Ryan Whitney. And Lubomir Visnovsky. And Tom Poti. And Paul Coffey. And Steve Smith.
- To the shock of absolutely no one, Teemu Selanne leads the Ducks in points with 41 (14-27-41) in 42 games. Don’t know how many more times you’ll get to see him in Edmonton, so if you’re afforded the chance, take it.
- Am really hoping Paajarvi finally gets his goal tonight. If it happens, it will distract us from a lot of the more pressing issues. Plus, Paajarvi will have an enormous weight lifted off his shoulders, neck, and torso.
- Nikolai Khabibulin gets the nod tonight. Khabibulin turned 39 today, let’s hope there’s plenty of saves in that party blocker tonight. I admittedly was hoping to see a Deslauriers/Dubnyk reunion of sorts tonight, but I’d be happeir with a win.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets