11 JAN 2012 – 7:00 MDT
The Happiest Little Game Preview In The World awaits you after the jump.
You know what to do.
Tonight’s lines are brought to you by 630 CHED. Thanks!
Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Ales Hemsky
Ryan Smyth – Shawn Horcoff – Ryan Jones
Magnus Paajarvi – Eric Belanger – Anton Lander
Darcy Hordichuk – Ryan O’Marra – Ben Eager
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Andy Sutton – Corey Potter
Theo Peckham – Colten Teubert
- Oilers return back to the comfier confines of Rexall Place after a six game road trip that could be called ‘disastrous’, finishing 1-5. Oilers are 2-8 in their last ten, the Devils are 5-4-1.
- In case you’re just joining us, you’ll kindly notice that there’s no Eberle, no Gilbert, and no Nugent-Hopkins in the lineup. They’re all nursing various injuries, and the lineup has been shuffled accordingly. Milan Kytnar was called up earlier today, he may slot in at 4C if Ryan O’Marra is unavailable to go due to sickness. Confidence!
- New Jersey’s PK is a force to be reckoned with. They’re leading the league in PK% and have ten shorthanded goals on the year.
- Magnus Paajarvi is back with the big club. Paajarvi put up nine points (1-8-9) in ten games with the Barons. Paajarvi will start on the third line with Belanger and Lander.
- Patrick Elias leads the Devils in scoring with 39 points (15-24-39) in 41 games. Zach Parise is second with 37 (14-23-37)
- Johan Hedberg will get the start between the pipes for the Devils, while Nikolai Khabibulin will again seek his twelfth win on the season. Hedberg is 11-7-1 with a .907 SV% and a 2.52 GAA.
- Oilers fans will get their first look at defeceman Adam Larsson tonight. Larsson was drafted fourth overall by the Devils at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Larson has 14 points (2-12-14) in 40 games.
They’ve got to win sooner or later.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets