07 JAN 2011 – 12:00 PM MDT
Your Game Preview awaits after the jump. Go on. Take it.
Lineup courtesy Dan Tencer. Thanks!
Oilers look to salvage two points this afternoon, which would end their six game road trip at 2-4. Oilers are 2-8 over their last ten, Stars are even at 5-5.
- SHELDON-LESS: Dallas will be without Big Sexy this afternoon. Sheldon Souray is close to returning from his ankle injury that has sidelined him for the last couple of weeks, but he will be absent from today’s Stars lineup.
- This is Jamie Benn. Jamie Benn currently leads the Dallas Stars in scoring (11-28-39 in 39 GP). He’s one of those ‘point per game’ guys I like to bring up so often in conversation. Loui Eriksson is right behind Benn with 35 points (14-21-35).
- Ben Eager, Eric Belanger, Darcy Hordichuk. Hm. Ben Eager’s got two goals in his last three, he looks to be the scoring threat of that bunch. Curious to know if the combined ice time of that line will be greater or equal to Ryan Smyth’s.
- Expect Nikolai Khabibulin to get the start in Big D. Khabibulin (11-11-3) will look for his twelfth victory on the season.
- From the official Dallas Stars website comes this groaner. Pesky Stars. That’s the best hash tag you could create? Was #DallasStars already taken? Who taught my father HTML? Pesky. I’m sure there’s a great story to go with it, but Pesky is, uh…unique. #CurmudgeonlyOilers is one I’ll have to look into.
- Your top five active Oilers in scoring:
- Jordan Eberle (17-26-43) in 40 GP
- Ryan Smyth (13-22-35) in 38 GP
- Taylor Hall (13-15-28) in 32 GP
- Shawn Horcoff (8-14-22) in 40 GP
- Ryan Jones (12-8-20) in 40 GP
(Injured: Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (13-22-35) in 38 GP)
Channel your inner Marchant.
PESKY STARS 2
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets