05 JAN 2011 – 6:00 MDT
Your Game Preview comes after the jump.
630 CHED are the ones responsible for tonight’s lineups. As always, thanks!
Ryan Smyth – Anton Lander – Jordan Eberle
Taylor Hall – Sam Gagner – Ales Hemsky
Shawn Horcoff – Josh Green – Teemu Hartikainen
Ben Eager – Eric Belanger – Ryan Jones
Ladislav Smid – Jeff Petry
Andy Sutton – Corey Potter
Theo Peckham – Colten Teubert
- Edmonton is in St. Louis to take on a resurgent Blues team. Blues are 5-3-2 in their last ten, Oilers are 2-8. Oilers were victorious in one previous meeting, a 4-2 win at Rexall Place.
- Just arriving to the party? Ryan Nugent-Hopkins is out for the remainder of January with the shoulder injury he sustained in Monday’s game versus the Blackhawks. Not to worry, the Oilers have plugged Anton Lander in that spot.
- Other roster moves that I am somewhat unsure of why are happening: Horcoff on 3LW, Green is third centre. It’s for the greater good, I’m sure.
- David Backes leads the Blues with 26 points (11-15-26) in 39 GP
- Devan Dubnyk getting the nod tonight against the Halak-attack. Dubnyk’s last game was a 4-3 victory against the Blackhawks on Monday. He’ll look for his sixth win on the season. After a disastrous start, Halak’s numbers have improved to 8-7-5, a 2.26 GAA and a .911 SV%
- Ales Hemsky. That’s all, just Ales Hemsky.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets