17 DEC 2011 – 8:00 MDT
Your Game Preview is after the jump. Might as well jump. Jump. Go ahead, jump.
- Tonight is the first of four meetings this year between the Oilers and the San Jose Sharks. Oilers have just seven points in their last possible twenty. Our good friends in Calgary have overtaken Edmonton in the standings by one point, although they do have one more game played than the Oilers. Time’s getting short. Meaningful hockey is fun. San Jose is 9-6-1 at the Shark Tank so far this year. Can we get the fun, youthful line that likes to score six points a night on the ice tonight?
- Shawn Horcoff on left wing?
- According to Tom Gazzola, it’s looking like Hordichuk will roll tonight. Don’t expect too much change on the defence, as Smid-Gilbert / Whitney-Petry/Peckham-Potter will likely run the roost.
- Joe Thornton currently leads the Sharks in scoring with 25 points (5G-20A) in 29 games.
- POWER FAILURE: Number of shots in Edmonton’s last two: 20 (@PHX), 16 (@CGY). Don’t know who has to get a phone call about all this, but those numbers have got to be better.
- Nikolai Khabibulin is scheduled to get the nod tonight after a week shrouded in mystery. Khabibulin currently sits at 10-6-3, 1.95 GAA and .933 SV%. Supposedly he was given a few maintenance days to charge his battery after his 4-1 victory against the Avalanche last Friday. Hope he’s ready.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets