To put it plainly, I was pleased with the outcome.
Let’s go over the festivities. You’ve been here for four losses, how about a big win?
Make no mistake, last night’s 9-2 victory over the visiting Chicago Blackhawks was a blowout of mass proportion. While everyone at home and in the stands were echoing the ‘we want ten’ chant, nine will just have to do.
If you missed this game, you’ll want to get a copy of it on VHS. Not beta.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins had five assists, which will, uh…surely help pad his stats. Nugent-Hopkins now leads the team in points with Ryan Smyth at 19 (7-12-19). Five assists go a long way.
- How about a hat trick for Taylor Hall? Taylor Hall was put on the third line before this game began, and responded by hammering home three goals. There’s a picture of what hats look like on the ice. We’ll call it ‘Hats on the Ice’
- Ryan Smyth also tallied in last night’s contest. He leads the Oilers (along with RNH) with 19 points (11-8-19).
- On the defence, both Theo Peckham and Jeff Petry were +5. When’s the last time you can remember a defenceman was +5? How about any Oilers player?
- Ales Hemsky scored his first goal of the year. It was also Edmonton’s first goal of the game. Everybody happy.
- Seriously, go see this game. Burgle someone’s PVR copy, invest in time travel. Everything went right against a Hawks team that got beat up in Calgary the night previous.
Enjoy it today, as the Oilers are headed on the road again tomorrow in Dallas.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets