17 NOV 2011 – 7:30 MDT
Lines and game preview follow the jump.
Lines courtesy of 630 CHED and Dan Tencer. Thanks!
Taylor Hall – Ryan Nugent-Hopkins – Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth – Shawn Horcoff- Ales Hemsky
Anton Lander – Eric Belanger – Ryan Jones
Ben Eager – Sam Gagner – Lennart Petrell
Ladislav Smid – Tom Gilbert
Andy Sutton – Corey Potter
Theo Peckham – Jeff Petry
- TIME TO WIN: What cures a three game slide? How about a little motivation? If you look to your left, you’ll see the Vancouver Canucks are breathing whatever Canuck fans breathe down your neck. The Wild are leading the Northwest Division by a three spot. Edmonton has a game in hand over the Wild (and two over the Canucks). Tonight’s the time to put it back together. How do you do that?
- OMARK WATCH: Linus Omark sustained what’s being called a leg or knee injury during OKC’s game versus the Rockford Ice Hogs last night. There goes my quest to get him pulled up yesterday.
- Remember how Ottawa was going to be one of the last teams in the league? They’re at least treading water in the Northeast with a 9-9-1 record, tied for 8th in the conference.
- Sam Gagner left practice yesterday with what’s being called a ‘stiff back’. He didn’t practice today, but is pencilled in as the 4C tonight. That of course, puts Anton Lander in as 3LW. And Paajarvi? Eh. Your guess is as good as mine.
- The word on the street lately has been ‘secondary scoring’. Tonight’s the night. Right? Hey, where are you going?
- Nikolai Khabibulin gets the nod for the Oilers, while Craig Anderson is the likely go for the Senators.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s Twitter feed @RealOilFan
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets