17 OCT 2011 – 7:30 MDT
Preview the game through our Viewmaster after the jump.
Lines courtesy Edmonton Oilers
Hall- Nugent Hopkins -Eberle
Smyth – Horcoff – Jones
Omark – Belanger – Paajarvi
Eager – Lander – Petrell
Smid – Gilbert
Barker – Petry
Sutton – Potter
- Please give a warm welcome to Grant Pedgen-Wright (A.K.A RealOilFan) to OilOnWhyte. Grant has been writing about the Oilers for some time over at Blogger. Grant comes to us with an immense wealth of knowledge and passion for the Edmonton Oilers. Perhaps more importantly, the man has painted ‘Flames Suck’ on his head…in blue paint. Grant is an excellent addition to the OilOnWhyte rickshaw. Follow Grant on Twitter @realoilfan You may clink your glasses together. Welcome aboard. *clink*.
- Theo Peckham will participate in the pregame skate tonight, as the Oilers may opt to go with seven defencemen. Someone (one of the forwards) is reported to not feel well, and it’ll likely be a gametime decision as to whether or not seven defencemen can be dressed. While we’re at it, can we dress a few more defencemen? We’d also like to ask if we can have seven skaters on the ice at all times. Please address these concerns at your leisure.
- Ben Eager will get a taste of the fourth line tonight. Eager will be playing in his first regular season game as a member of the Oilers after missing the first three games recovering from a mix of whiplash and a concussion stemming from this hit (00:25) at the Joey Moss Cup last month. I’m guessing about six minutes of ice time for Eager. He’ll get more if he punches people. It’s gotta be more than what Hordichuk was playing.
- Nikolai Khabibulin is the man between the pipes tonight. Play like Thursday night, Khabi. You know, the one where you stopped 33 shots in Minnesota. That was fun. Do it again.
He’s more to the Oilers this year than any other player
-Copper and Blue’s Derek Zona on Ryan Whitney (Nation Radio, 24 SEP 2011)
- Ryan Whitney is close. Really close. Jason Gregor reports that he might be in the lineup tomorrow versus the Flames. I share an excited sentiment with some folks about this. Whitney is Edmonton’s best option on defence at this point – he can play the powerplay, he certainly can 5 on 5, and he’s a worthy PK guy (not to mention he had 27 points in 35 games last season before suffering his ankle injury). His return can’t come soon enough.
Follow my Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Follow Grant’s feed @RealOilFan
Now that I mention it, Samson needs a Twitter. People wanna talk to Samson.
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets