13 OCT 2011 – 6:00 MDT
Projected lines and tidbits to follow the jump. Do come along.
Is this a safe indicator of what tonight’s lines look like? (It is!)
- The Oilers have a slump in Minnesota. It’s bad. How bad is it? The Oilers haven’t won in Minnesota since January, 2007 back when Ryan Smyth was on the team. You know, the first time.
- Looks like someone picked up their mouse at the official Oilers site. No longer is there an ‘Active Roster’ tab, yet there is a ‘Current Line Combination’ tab. You’ll notice that Omark is listed as the 5th RW, this will reflect his recent demotion to doghouse for tonight’s game.
- Other forward info: The Omark thing has given Ryan Jones a boost to line 3, while Lennart Petrell will see his first action of the season tonight on 4RW. Shawn Horcoff and Eric Belanger will swap spots at centre. Darcy Hordichuk remains at 4LW, where he may or may not get over his fifty-nine seconds in the season opener.
- Don’t believe Ryan Whitney is quite ready for prime time action. Gilbert and Petry will likely be asked to shoulder the big minutes again, with the remaining four not far behind.
- If you make 33 saves out of 34 shots, you should start the next game that’s four days away. That’s why we’d go with Devan Dubnyk to open tonight’s game between the pipes in Minnesota. This, of course, means Khabibulin will get the nod tonight. Let’s see what you got.
OILERS – 263
WILD – 1
Follow our Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets