The Oilers will have their hands full as they travel to Detroit to take on the Red Wings tonight.
The Wings will likely be in a jovial mood, having lost their last three. Put your helmets on, men.
Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings – Game 69
11 MAR 2011 – 5:30 MST / 7:30 EST
Visit Octopus Thrower on the Fansided Network
And here we go…
- This is the fourth and final meeting between the Oilers and the Detroit Red Wings this season. The Wings are 3-0 so far on the season.
- A dozen more games remain after tonight’s contest against Detroit, and the season will end none too soon for members of this year’s Oilers squad. With Sam Gagner now out for the duration with a hand injury, you’ve got what’s essentially an entire line out with various injuries. Then after it’s all over, we get to focus on the draft. It’s becoming a rite of passage around these parts. At least the weather will be nicer.
- Devan Dubnyk will be asked to turn aside the barrage of Detroit shots he’ll likely face. Hoping for his benefit that there are many baggies with much ice in the dressing room after the game.
- Andrew Cogliano has scored seven points (2G-5A) in his last eight road games. I’m calling it a streak.
- No surprise that Henrik Zetterberg is leading the Wings with 69 points (18G-51A) in 67 games
Alright team. Roll me some sevens.
Enjoy the game, and GOILERS!
Follow our Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets