Edmonton tries to make it two in a row tonight against a struggling Blackhawks squad they’ve defeated twice in three attempts this season.
09 FEB 2011 – 7:30 MST / 9:30 EST
Visit Blackhawk Up on the Fansided Network
And here we go…
- Edmonton kicks off their first game of a six game homestand tonight against Chicago. Strangely enough, they’re also trying to string together their second consecutive win.
- Andrew Cogliano has himself a little point streak going, having notched four points (1G-3A) in his last three games. Now if we could just get his faceoff win percentage up maybe ten or fifteen points…
- In case you missed the last post that gushed about Devan Dubnyk and his 37 save-shutout performance against the Predators, you will find that I’m pleased to report that he’s slated to start tonight against the Hawks at Rexall Place. The guy’s got a record now that’s over .500 at 6-5-6 (2.74 GAA, .920 SV%), and he’ll look to increase his win total by one with a seventh win on the season tonight.
- Patrick Sharp still leads the Blackhawks in scoring this season with 47 points (26G-21A) in 52 games.
- Expecting to see Cory Crawford between the pipes for Chicago. Crawford has a .886 SV% in two games (0-2-0) against the Oilers this season. Here’s hoping Devan Dubnyk can put on another clinic versus a hungry Chicago squad.
Enjoy the game, and GOILERS!
Follow our Twitter feed @OilOnWhyte
Click Here to visit our NHL main page “Too Many Men” – Fansided’s Hockey Home on the Internets