Edmonton is riding high off their last minute heroics versus the Avalanche on Thursday.
Tonight, they’ll try to take these heroics and mix them with an irritable San Jose squad that’s hungry for a victory.
Oilers and Sharks. Tonight. After the jump.
San Jose Sharks @ Edmonton Oilers – Game 22
27 NOV 2010 – 8:00 MST / 10:00 EST
Visit Blades of Teal on the Fansided Network
Things to look for:
- Oh boy, another game of hockey. Tonight, the Oilers try to find enough pieces of the jigsaw puzzle to topple the Sharks. Let’s startwith goaltending, and how Devan Dubnyk is getting the start tonight for Edmonton. Martin Gerber played more than serviceable in relief last game, so let’s hope Dubnyk (1-1-3, 3.11 GAA and .920) can grab the ball and run with it. Nikolai Khabibulin is skatingaround these days, and it’ll be capers galore to see how and when (if) he’ll be ready to come back into the lineup.
- Ales Hemsky will miss tonight with a groin injury he sustained at practise a few days prior
- Slumping Sharks – Edmonton has caught the Sharks on a six game road winless slump (0-4-2).
- Oiler fan favourite Dany Heatley currently leads San Jose in scoring with 21 points (9G-12A). I’m sure the Edmonton crowd will make him feel at home every time the puck comes within ten feet of his body.
- Antti Niemi has had a rocky go of it so far in San Jose. The 2009-10 Stanley Cup Champion has gone just 3-5-1 in nine games with a 3.93 GAA and .880 SV%. Meanwhile, Antero Nittymakki sits prettier with a 7-2-3, 2.07 GAA and .919 SV%. Wonder who we’ll see tonight?
May Edmonton’s penalty kill bend but not break.
Enjoy the game, and GOILERS