The Oilers travel to North Carolina to take on the Hurricanes in a one-game rematch of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals as Edmonton looks to string their second win in a row.
Edmonton Oilers @ Carolina Hurricanes – Game 13
09 NOV 2010 – 5:00 MST / 7:00 EST
Visit Cardiac Cane on the Fansided Network
Things to look for:
- I love when Edmonton plays Carolina. It’s been a little more than four years since the two squads met in the ’06 Stanley Cup Finals, but it’s an ongoing series for me. There’s hardly a greater pleasure than when the Oilers are able to defeat the Hurricanes. So don’t let me down, Whitney. You too, Fraser.
- Shawn Horcoff will not be in the lineup tonight after sustaining a leg injury in Sunday night’s game. I haven’t seen or heard how long he’ll be out for, but the terminology that’s floating around there is “day to day”. Andrew Cogliano will be in Horc’s place at least tonight.
- He’s too young, send him down: The 7th overall pick in the 2010 draft Jeff Skinner leads the Carolina Hurricanes in points with twelve in fourteen games, no doubt helping to keep Carolina in the mix of things in the Eastern Conference.
- Via Bob Stauffer on The Team 1260 this morning: No O’Sullivan tonight for Carolina (again), while Theo Peckham looks to be on the Edmonton blue line tonight.
- Edmonton’s surging penalty kill is now just a tick shy of 71%. That’s not saying too awful much, but when you consider they were in the mid sixties a few games ago, 71% is an improvement.
- The usual schlock – Score the first goal, take some pressure off of the defence, and play more than 20 minutes of NHL hockey.
Enjoy the game and GOILERS.