In his latest effort to make himself more marketable, Sheldon Souray has fractured a bone in his hand after this scrap against Matt Clackson of Adirondack.
Good scrap. Gonna cost you some injury time, Sheldon.
Oilers, Flames. Tonight. Roll tape.
Edmonton Oilers @ Calgary Flames – Game 7
26 OCT 2010 – 7:00 MST / 9 EST
Lines courtesy Coppernblue.com
Penner – Gagner – Hemsky
Paajarvi – Horcoff – Eberle
Hall – Cogliano – Brule
Jones – Fraser – MacIntyre
Flame For Thought is the Fansided.com affiliate of the Calgary Flames.
Things to look for:
- Bruce McCurdy writes a fantastic piece over at The Cult Of Hockey, extrapolating everything you knew already about the penalty kill. And do you know what? It needs a ton of work. Bonus points: The chart at which the Oilers lose a faceoff on a PK compared to when they allow a goal. It’s something like 25 seconds each time. Rub your eyes.
- After Edmonton’s home victory against Calgary, they’ve played quite well, peeling off a 5-2 record in the seven games afterwards. The Oilers…well, they’ll get ‘em tonight. In Calgary. Yes, that’s it exactly.
- It was just a couple of games ago that Nikolai Khabibulin was sitting fat on a .923 SV%. This was the period in time where he was deflecting everything off of his body and not into the net. With the suffering PK unit, his SV% has dwindled down to a number that was previously owned last year by Jeff Deslauriers. As easy as it is to get angry at the guy with the mask, there’s a lot more to it than that.
- Peckham will start tonight in favour of Jim Vandermeer, who didn’t see a ton of action last game in the third period.
- Although Raitis Ivanans will not be in the lineup again tonight, Steve MacIntyre will be. Be all you can be, Mac.
- Side track – I’ve gone on record saying it at the beginning of the season, but now that Souray’s good and injured for a while and will provide no leverage as trade bait, it’s more than time to send one of the goaltenders down to the AHL and to bring a player up. As much as I think Steve MacIntyre is a fun guy to watch when he’s doing his thing with his fists, I would rather see a guy who can do more than just fight on the fourth line. Any player (Reddox?) is better on the fourth line compared to a goalie in the press box. I can’t make excuses for having three goalies on the big club. It’s an owner’s market out there, boys. I’d be shocked to see JDD or DD get picked up on the way down. And if Khabibulin gets injured, well you’ve got those two guys, and Martin Gerber. Take your pick.
Enjoy the game, and GOILERS.