Still riding the wave?
For the Oilers, it was a thoroughly entertaining victory against the Flames on Thursday night. Tonight, they will face off against the Florida Panthers at Rexall Place.
Let’s have a look, shall we?
Florida Panthers @ Edmonton Oilers – Game 2
10 OCT 2010 – 6:00 MST / 8 EST
Lines courtesy OilersNation.com
Hall – Horcoff – Eberle
Penner – Gagner – Hemsky
Paajarvi – Cogliano – Brule
Jones – Fraser – Stortini
Gilbert – Smid
Foster – Whitney
Peckham – Vandermeer
The Rat Trick is the Fansided.com home of the Panthers.
Things to look for:
- I hope someone bought Nikolai Khabibulin a beer club soda after his performance on Thursday. After all the razzle-dazzle of Jordan Eberle (and yes, it was merited), it may have gotten lost in translation that Khabibulin had himself a pretty good game, what with stopping all of the shots and all. Another solid performance will be asked of him.
- While the Oilers outscored and outchanced their opponents Thursday, 37 shots were taken on Khabibulin. And, while it’s all sunshine and flowers that Khabibulin was able to somehow get his robot body in front of all of them, 37 shots is still a lofty number to allow. Expect the Oilers defence to try to turn that number down.
- Eberle. Aces, baby. I doubt he’ll have a swan in his top hat like he did on Thursday, but go ahead and prove me wrong.
- MacIntyre sits tonight, with Stortini in his place. Must be giving MacIntyre a couple of days to ice his fists
- Former Oiler Marty Reasoner will be in Panther threads tonight, likely as fourth centre.
Asking for another performance akin to Thursday would be asking a lot. Panther MVP goaltender Tomas Vokoun will need to face a lot of shots, and the earlier they come, the better off the Oilers will be.
Enjoy the game.