The Edmonton Oilers and Gilbert Brule have reached an agreement on a two year deal today.
The 23-year old Brule was a bright spot on a team that last season had little to cheer about. This signing kills an arbitration hearing that I’d be willing to bet no one on management’s side wanted to be a part of, especially after that whole $2.4M Clarke MacArthur arbitration fiasco.
Brule finished last season with 17G-20A-37PTS in 65 GP.
A big shout-out to Tambellini and Co. who cleverly planned another year of RFA-eligibility at the conclusion of this contract.
- Two year deal for Gil Brule avoiding arbitration
- Manageable terms (1.85M a year for two years)
- A young guy that the team can help build the youth movement
- Guy doesn’t have cinderblocks for hands
- Management has enough foresight to include another RFA year at the end of this two year contract.
Lots of reasons to be happy with this deal.